Tuesday 5 August 2014

In His Shoes



According to Wonder Mika this winter in Perth Australia there are two staples to any fashionistas wardrobe: 

"Two things you need to wear to look cool – structured coats and mannish shoes or loafers. Seriously, that easy! Whether you wear the structured coat with a dress or your rolled up BF jeans or simply throw it over your shoulders, you will look amazing. Manish shoes (loafers, brogues, creepers) all look fabulous with cropped pants, skinny pants and rolled up jeans. Go Jacko with white socks or go bare. Either ways, you are rocking an easy-to-wear and fail-safe look. Now, where did we put those school socks?" (Wonder Mika, 2014)

Man Style Shoes? Yes Yes Yes! Love this trend, re-phrase that I am obsessed with this trend and my collection is growing steadily every day.



Designers who featured "In His Shoes" on their Runway this season included Hermes, and Paul Smith.

Paul Smith Fall 2014-2014 Collection
Paul Smiths take on "In His Shoes" included cracked bronze, fringed loafers, high shine brogues, dip dyed leather, velvet and sequins. Detailing was the main focus, therefore the shoe stayed along the classic shapes that we know and love; lace up brogues, leather loafers and capped carter shoes. See my favourite from the collection below: 
Paul Smith Cracked Bronze Leather Fringe Costello Loafers - $620.00

Haven't got $620.00 to drop on a pair of shoes? Just like me no matter how nice they are my bank balance doe not stretch quite that far. Instead I hunted down 2 (almost 3) pairs that pack a punch whilst not smashing my savings. First are a studded pair of loafers from Nine West and the second are a monochrome pair of loafers from Wittner. Yum Yum Yum. I also have my eye on a pair of turquoise brogues from Office. Oops! Check them out on my Instagram page : http://instagram.com/dressingdownunder 

Monochrome Loafers - Wittner



No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01